Booking Terms & Conditions
Heritage Hideaways Ltd (HHL) acts as agents on behalf of the Owner (Owner) of the property (holiday cottage or chalet). When issued this contract is between you the Client (Client) and the Owner.
HHL arranges short term holiday rentals of properties as agents for the Owner. The contract is between the Owner and the Client, i.e. the named person on the booking. The Client shall not pass the booking to another party without the approval of HHL. The Client must notify HHL of any changes to the number of people or pets staying at the property in writing before commencement of the booking. The Contract will be entered into when HHL issues the confirmation form and will be subject to all these Booking Conditions. The Client should check the Confirmation Form carefully. The Contract is for the hire of the property for holiday purposes only unless otherwise agreed in writing by HHL. We do not accept bookings from persons under the age of 18. Heritage Hideaways reserves the right to refuse any bookings for any reason.
A booking deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable if the booking is made more than 6 weeks before the start of the rental. This deposit must be paid within 5 days of your provisional booking. The balance shall be payable 6 weeks before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rent on or before the due date may be treated in absolute discretion as a cancellation of the Contract by the Client and HHL may seek to re-let the property. In such circumstances the deposit shall not be refundable. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before the commencement of the rental, the total fee is payable. For bookings made less than 2 weeks before the commencement of the rental, no cheques can be accepted.
In the event of a special offer which includes a deposit which is less than 25% of the rental fee, a second deposit payment will be due 6 weeks after the first deposit payment (25% of the rental fee less the first deposit payment amount). The remaining balance shall be payable 6 weeks before the commencement of the rental.
HHL reserve the right to cancel the booking where full payment has not been received within 21 days of the holiday commencement date. The deposit paid on the booking is non-refundable.
Payment can be made either by cheque, debit card or credit card. No charges will be incurred for debit or credit card payments.
HHL charge a fee of £35 per booking, payable at the time of booking.
All payments shall be made to Heritage Hideaways Ltd.
If you choose to leave early (before the end of your rental period) for whatever reason, no refund will be offered or given.
Any cancellation made by the Client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to Heritage Hideaways Ltd, 9 Pinkneys Lane, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6EW. On receipt of notice of cancellation, HHL will seek to re-let the property for the period of booking. If HHL is successful in re-letting the property for the whole period it shall refund all the monies paid less the booking fee of £35. If HHL only succeeds in re-letting the property for part of the period booked it shall refund an amount equal to the money paid less (1) the rental for the period which is not re-let and (2) and the booking fee of £35. If HHL is unable to re-let the property at all then all monies paid by the Client shall be retained by HHL. HHL strongly recommends that Clients take out Cancellation Insurance.
Where for any reason the property ceases to be available or becomes unsuitable, HHL may, at its absolute discretion, cancel the booking and in that event all sums paid by the Client will be refunded or, if the Client so requests, HHL will endeavour to book a suitable alternative for the Client.
4. Changes of Date
HHL may consider a request from a Client to change the dates of the booking after confirmation has been issued. Agreement will be given subject to all of the following conditions being met: (1) the property Owner agrees to change (2) the request is received more than 6 weeks away from the start of the booking and (3) the Client pays an administration fee of £25.
5. Period of Hire
Rentals commence, unless otherwise notified, at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00am on the day of departure. Minimum two night short breaks are available in low season. In high season (i.e. peak holiday periods) the minimum rental period is 7 nights.
6. Persons and number of Persons using the Property
The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum number stipulated on the property details. HHL reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
All Children staying at the property must be accompanied by parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at all times.
We hope your holiday runs smoothly. However, should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property, it must be notified promptly to HHL and in case of serious problems, confirmed in writing. We cannot accept claims for compensation lodged after departure as it is not possible to investigate the problem and put corrective actions in place. Some of the properties are in rural areas and Clients need to understand that the sounds and smells associated with country living cannot be avoided.
8. Security Deposit for Breakages or Damage
The Client agrees to reimburse the Owner for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs. A Security Deposit is payable at the time of the balance of the cost of the holiday and is held by HHL until satisfactory inspection of the property, either by HHL or the Owner, within two weeks of the property being vacated. Following inspection of the property, the sum of the Security Deposit will then be refunded to your original payment card. If you paid by cheque, a cheque for the sum of the Security Deposit will be raised and forwarded by post. Should there be a problem with replacement or repair of items in the property or extra cleaning required in the property, the Client will be contacted by HHL by phone or email as soon as possible after the event to discuss the situation and finalise the amount of the costs and the level of Security Deposit refund. The Security Deposit is graded as follows:
- £50 on beach huts
- £100 on chalets at Kings Chalet Park
- £150 on properties sleeping up to 5 people
- £250 on properties sleeping over 5 people
Please note that other Security Deposit amounts may apply for individual properties and this will be highlighted on the Property Description details on our website.
9. Care of the Property
The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition on your departure at the end of the rental period (including cleaning up after any animals which you have been permitted to bring to the selected property). Heritage Hideaways may charge you for the costs of any additional cleaning if this is reasonably considered necessary. The Security Deposit will be banked to cover the replacement or repair of items in the property or extra cleaning required in the property. (Note: see 8 above).
10. What is Included
Electricity, gas and oil, where supplied to the property, are included in the rent unless otherwise stated in the property details. HHL supplies a small bag of fuel for open fires where available. Bed linen and towels are provided for most properties. However, please ensure you have checked the details of the respective property on the web site or with a member of staff. Cots, High Chairs and Stair Gates can be provided by arrangement with HHL at a cost of £15 per item. All baby bedding and linen should be brought by the Client.
If any members of the party have any allergies please bring your own bed linen and pillows.
Well behaved dogs are welcome in most properties but must be under proper supervision and control at all times. Clients must ensure that all pets are in good health and have been treated for worms and fleas on a regular basis as this may incur additional cost or loss of deposit if issues occur. All dogs must be at least 10 months old and have full immunizations. Pets are not allowed on any furniture or bedding and must not be left unattended in the property. Pets are charged at £15 per booking per pet.
Neither HHL (for itself, its employees and agents) nor the Owner shall be liable to the Client or third parties for any damages, loss, expense or inconvenience which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of, or should be in any way connected with the rental or its cancellation or amendment. If the property which the Client has booked becomes unavailable or unusable for some reason prior to the date of a booking, then HHL's obligation will be to (1) use their best endeavour to find a suitable alternative property, or, failing which, (2) to reimburse the Client for any monies paid. Occasionally facilities or equipment at properties may change between booking the property and the arrival of guests at the chosen property. This may be outside of our control and we cannot be held liable, nor provide prior warning.
In any case of cancellation or variation of any booking due to the fault of HHL or the Owner, neither the Owner or HHL shall be liable to the Client in any amount greater than the price paid for the hire and neither the Owner nor HHL shall be liable for any consequential loss, compensation or damages for injury to feelings or disappointment which might otherwise be claimable as a result of variation or cancellation of the booking.
These terms represent the entire agreement between the parties and exclude liability for any representations made verbally which might otherwise be incorporated as part of the contract between the Client and the Owners. Neither HHL nor the Owners warrant nor are responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by its servants or agents.
14. Right of Entry
HHL shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
15. Cancellation Insurance
Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but HHL does strongly recommend such insurance cover to protect against the cancellation penalty. All cancellations must be notified in writing.
All information from our website has been compiled from up to date information, which we amend as frequently as possible. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the property, all statements and descriptions are made in good faith and are for guidance only. Photos are for illustrative purposes only. HHL and the Owners cannot be held responsible for changes to the property after listing or mistakes in the description. Any specific requirements which the Client has in relation to the property or any facilities provided must be notified in writing to HHL.
Any dispute between you and the Owner will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Heritage Hideaways Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.heritagehideaways.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Heritage Hideaways Limited of 9 Pinkneys Lane, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6EEW
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.heritagehideaways.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, making a booking on our site, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and any other information requested)
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Heritage Hideaways Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, https://www.heritagehideaways.com/holiday-cottages/termsandconditions.html and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Heritage Hideaways Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Please read these terms and conditions before booking your holiday cottage. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ring us on 01502 724 782.